With the idea that everything has energy, feng shui principles are based on balancing these levels to promote good fortune. Appropriate use of colors, light, and space can all help build harmony in your home and manipulate your environment to increase the positive energy in your space. Lao La creates home harmony products that add a beautiful aesthetic to your home in tandem with a lovely auditory element.
The Chinese term translates as “wind and water,” with the principles being based on balancing energy levels. The use or placement of objects in your home can help you do this and is why feng shui is such a vital component to creating and cultivating a positive aura in your home. Quality interior design consistently calls upon the principles of feng shui to generate balance and harmony in our living spaces.
What is Feng Shui?
The principles of feng shui are centered on the idea that balance can be achieved by ensuring certain elements, such as physical health and mental calmness, through positive energy flow. Interior design and architecture are closely connected to the principles of feng shui. Lao La believes the tools used for analyzing a home's layout can be applied in this context most easily, making it an ideal place for these techniques to create balance with one’s environment.
There are five core elements of feng shui:
- Wood – Wood is a symbol of growth and vitality. It's easy to bring this element into your space with the addition of plants or wooden furniture.
- Earth – Design elements that incorporate earth into your home can be features like rocks and stones or landscape imagery. These features promote balance and help to ground and stabilize.
- Metal – This element supports mental sharpness and knowledge while being a symbol for logic and intelligence. This can be incorporated through construction features or interior design.
- Water – Because they promote serenity and relaxation, indoor water features are a very common interior design element that harnesses feng shui principles.
- Fire – The passion and energy represented by fire can be exhibited through unique lighting details, candles, and fireplaces as trademark ways of showcasing fire.
Benefits of Feng Shui in Interior Design
The use of feng shui principles in the design and construction process can help create a more positive environment. The primary objective behind this practice, which has been around since ancient times, is to bring joy to the home by creating energy that is both calming and harmonious. Interior design can be used as an effective method for creating healthy living environments, with feng shui principles playing a key role in this process.
Imagine a home that is not only beautiful from the exterior but also has the capability of making you feel happy and content on the interior. With the current emphasis on individual wellness, feng shui’s role in interior design is an important factor in promoting mental health. Using the principles of feng shui makes homes and office spaces more pleasant to live and work in.
Home Harmony Encourages Feng Shui
Lao La offers indoor and outdoor wind chimes that are intentionally designed to fuse beautiful aesthetics with the fundamentals of feng shui to unlock the opportunity for harmony. Chimes are an ancient Asian tradition and have been used for centuries to ward off negative energy and disease. By harnessing the sound waves, one can restore positive energies in your space with these chimes and bring peace and tranquility to your home, mind, and body.
Our chimes are ideal for restoring focus and clearing your mind. They function as an elegant aesthetic feature as well as a beautiful melodic element to promote wellness and calmness in any space. Incorporate the principles of feng shui into your home or office and visit us online to shop home harmony products today!